A few years in the past I spotted how straightforward (and cheap!) sugar scrubs have been to make. Since then I’ve performed round with many alternative variations of exfoliating physique scrub. This rose physique scrub smells heavenly and leaves pores and skin feeling clean and refreshed.
It’s not laborious to seek out physique polish with a rose scent, however the elements aren’t all the time the perfect. A lot of the rose scent comes from artificial chemical fragrances, not actual roses. Making your individual is admittedly easy and you’ll customise the precise elements.
I’ve additionally included the choice to make use of rose petal infused oil right here. This fashion you get the advantages and added scent of the roses. For those who favor to skip this step although then simply use common service oil.
Listed here are the elements I used on this sugar scrub and what they do:
Rose Physique Scrub Components
- Sugar – Whereas I don’t advocate eating it, sugar makes an incredible exfoliant for lifeless pores and skin cells. You possibly can even use pink Himalayan salt as a substitute for extra of a pink shade if most well-liked.
- Provider oil – That is what helps make the scrub straightforward to make use of and is nice for moisturizing dry pores and skin. I used candy almond oil as a result of it has a impartial scent, however fractionated coconut oil would additionally work. One thing like olive oil can really feel slightly too heavy for sure pores and skin varieties and overpower the refined rose scent.
- Coconut oil – Since coconut oil is stable at room temperature it helps the scrub maintain collectively slightly higher. It’s additionally hydrating and nourishing for the pores and skin.
- Shea butter – Only a contact of shea butter provides a silky clean really feel. It additionally has vitamin E and vitamin A, and is nice for dry pores and skin.
- Rosehip seed oil – That is the star ingredient in my fashionable higher than botox facial moisturizer. It’s wealthy in nutritional vitamins A, C, and E to nourish pores and skin and promotes pores and skin cell renewal for younger-looking pores and skin.
- Rose petals – Roses not solely odor good, however they’re barely astringent. This implies they assist tighten and tone unfastened pores and skin.
- Rose kaolin clay – Kaolin clay is sweet for dry pores and skin and this model will get its pink hue from pure iron oxides. It’s additionally mildly exfoliating and helps draw out impurities from pores. It additionally provides a pleasant pink shade to this scrub.
- Important oils – These add a nice scent and assist improve the pores and skin advantages. Actual rose important oil may be very costly, upwards of $150 a bottle. A extra inexpensive possibility is to make use of rose absolute. It nonetheless comes from actual roses, nevertheless it’s distilled another way that creates extra product. You can even go for geranium, jasmine, lavender, or one other floral scent in case you don’t wish to use rose.
Make Rose Powder
For those who don’t have floor or powdered rose petals you possibly can simply make some.
- Add a number of tablespoons of rose petals to a espresso grinder and pulse till they’re a advantageous powder.
- Use a advantageous mesh sieve to take away the bigger items.
Use a Rose Sugar Scrub
It’s pretty simple, however there are a number of physique scrub suggestions. I exploit a tablespoon or extra throughout for clean pores and skin. You can even use the sugar scrub in your face for mild exfoliation so long as you don’t scrub too laborious. Apply the scrub in round motions.
This scrub will final for a number of months because it doesn’t have water in it, so long as it’s saved correctly. Remember to maintain it away from direct mild which might trigger the oils to oxidize and go rancid quicker. Including some vitamin E oil helps decelerate the oil oxidation.
It’s additionally essential to solely scoop the scrub out with dry fingers since water introduces micro organism.
For the reason that scrub sloughs off lifeless pores and skin cells, you possibly can skip the body wash or cleanser earlier than utilizing. I wish to observe it up with a lightweight layer of physique lotion if my pores and skin is feeling additional dry. You can even use rose water afterward if utilizing this on the face!
Rose Physique Scrub Recipe
This yummy smelling scrub feels luxurious on the pores and skin! Gently exfoliate lifeless pores and skin cells whereas moisturizing and nourishing.
Yield: 12 ounces
Rose Infused Oil
If you wish to use rose-infused oil, then add the candy almond oil, coconut oil, and complete rose petals to the highest of a double boiler.
Warmth over medium-low warmth for about 1 hour, or till the oil smells like roses. Add extra water to the underside of the double boiler as vital to forestall burning. You need the oil to softly warmth, not simmer!
Use a cheesecloth or advantageous mesh strainer to take away the rose petals and compost them. Reserve the infused oil to your physique scrub.
Rose Physique Scrub
As soon as the oil has cooled to room temperature, mix the entire elements collectively in a mixing bowl and stir to mix. I used a silicone spatula to mash within the shea butter, however you would additionally heat the shea butter and coconut oil collectively to make them simpler to mix.
Use generously on the pores and skin to exfoliate throughout a bathe.
This scrub will final for a number of months at room temperature if saved away from mild and moisture. Remember to use clear, dry fingers when scooping some out.
Extra Scrub Recipes
On the lookout for some extra scrubs so as to add to your skincare routine or give as presents? Strive a number of of those!
What are your favourite scents for sugar scrubs? Depart a remark and tell us!